Happy Friday! I’m so ready for the slow schedule of the weekend – I feel like I’ve been running nonstop since Monday. We’re planning to spend our days relaxing by the fire pit, having dinner with friends and taking more long walks than we can count. Feeling the pressure of fall moving in – which I love – only reminds me that winter isn’t far behind. I want to enjoy every last second of sunshine.
While I’m off doing that, here’s five random things about me that you may or may not already know…
1) I have anxiety about stairs, particularly when walking down them. I do not have the best track record – even on vacation this year I managed to take an epic spill down a flight of stairs resulting in bruises that did not disappear for two months. Stairs while holding Jake? Don’t even get me started on how terrified it makes me.
2) I am a total lightweight after being pregnant. Two beers and I am down for the count, snoozing on the couch. Get your dates in now, cause I’m a cheap one.
3) I sometimes get really upset when I have to put Jake to bed. I literally miss him like crazy and will sit in the glider and watch him sleep (creeper much?)
4) I think I’m finally figuring out ‘my style’ while redoing our house. It’s so easy to get caught up in what’s trending on Pinterest or what instagram photo of someone’s living room has the most likes. I threw all of those ideas out when creating Jake’s nursery and it’s now my favorite room in our house. We’re in the middle of gutting our kitchen which has me beyond giddy. I’m going to be head over heels for our house once this is complete.
5) I have allergies friends, and I’ve got them bad. I know it’s more common than the cold, but I’m one of those people who suffered through four long years of allergy shots in an effort to not spend fall and spring in a medication-induced haze. And it worked, until last week. Now I’m a sniffling mess. Don’t you want to hang out with me?
That’s all I’ve got for today…happy weekending friends!